Summer 2019: Day 73, Vacation Day 12

I was hoping to jam in a lot of vacation goodness into these last two days, but at some point, you must accept that vacation is winding down and there's not much you can do about it.

A highlight of our Monday was taking the boys to my old high school. Most of it has changed, but some remained comfortingly familiar. All the lockers were replaced, so my old locker isn't even there anymore, just a general location where it used to be. I got to step on the new track that is nothing like the cinders I used to run on 30-something years ago.

The rest of the day was low-key. The four of us went to Superdawg one last time, but I'm a little hot dogged out this trip and instead got a Whoopercheesie and a delicious chocolate shake. Later, the entire extended family went to Holy Friojoles on Touhy and Crawford for a fun dinner. In the evening, we listened to my niece sing and I talked with my dad for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice