Summer 2021: Day 32; Midwest Vacation: Day 1

I ate so well on the first day of vacation. 

Just Ben and me are on this trip to the Midwest. We flew out on Delta from the new SLC airport. The flight was smooth, and I watched "Lethal Weapon" on the airplane. My dad picked us up from the airport, and we got Superdawg for lunch. It was amazing -- I missed my favorite hot dog after not visiting Chicago for two years.

The rest of the afternoon was mellow. I took a long nap after waking up early (and after a week in which I hadn't rested enough). Dad and Ben picked up Lou Malnati's for dinner -- another Chicago must-have I had greatly missed. We all played Splendor before calling it a night.

I'm hoping this vacation doesn't speed by. It doesn't have to be super eventful, just blessedly paced.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice