Summer 2021: Days 22-24

Today was Father's Day, and in true dads-do-whatever-is-needed fashion, I replaced our toilet seat.

The day wasn't otherwise too exciting, and that was OK. I ran in the morning, enjoyed breakfast that Lori made, and napped. In the afternoon, Michael and I went to Home Depot for the toilet seat, then to a used video game store and Walmart. I relaxed in the sun for about 90 minutes, then grilled brats and hot dogs for dinner. 

The heat subsided a little bit today. Yesterday started nice, with overcast skies in Cottonwood Heights early in the morning. Ben and I were at his swim meet, and I managed a run that felt almost pleasantly cool, especially when it started drizzling. That didn't last, as the clouds burned off and the temperatures jumped into the 90s.

After the meet, Ben and I went to Cottonwood Cafe for lunch. We got home and I was exhausted, taking two naps and just getting Little Caesar's for dinner. The two of us played cribbage in the evening outside when the temperature began to finally cool.

Friday was hot, too. I grilled burgers for dinner.

It's June 20 already and I don't feel like I'm enjoying summer enough yet. I think I need to get more done during the day and not stretch work after dinner. The tradeoff has been that I've been running five mornings a week, which has felt great. Vacation No. 1 is only a week away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice