Summer 2021: Days 5-6

Long weekends mean short work weeks that follow. That is sometimes great -- you're closer to the next weekend than you would normally be -- but when you're saddled with five days of work, trying to squeeze that into four can be difficult.

The last two days have been busy. I was working until 11 p.m. last night trying to get something done (and still didn't finish). Today wasn't so bad, but I still found myself working after dinner. 

The heat really arrived today -- and is expected to stay all week. That's unusual this early in SLC, possibly foreshadowing a really hot summer. I didn't mind working outside in the shade, though, and even the dog didn't mind the heat. We turned the air conditioning on for the first time this year.

I ran this morning, and Michael and I took the dog for a quick walk in the evening. I need to water the lawn. I'm not expecting much green this summer, but I don't want the grass becoming tinder in the heat. And there's more heat on the way ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice