Summer 2021: Days 5-6

Long weekends mean short work weeks that follow. That is sometimes great -- you're closer to the next weekend than you would normally be -- but when you're saddled with five days of work, trying to squeeze that into four can be difficult.

The last two days have been busy. I was working until 11 p.m. last night trying to get something done (and still didn't finish). Today wasn't so bad, but I still found myself working after dinner. 

The heat really arrived today -- and is expected to stay all week. That's unusual this early in SLC, possibly foreshadowing a really hot summer. I didn't mind working outside in the shade, though, and even the dog didn't mind the heat. We turned the air conditioning on for the first time this year.

I ran this morning, and Michael and I took the dog for a quick walk in the evening. I need to water the lawn. I'm not expecting much green this summer, but I don't want the grass becoming tinder in the heat. And there's more heat on the way ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nobody did it better

Seems like yesterday, but it was long ago

Another Saturday night, and I ain't got nobody