Summer 2021: Day 78

The weather today got hotter, and my mood didn't improve much. I'm frankly not too optimistic about the weekend, but at least it's the weekend. I did avoid news sources all day, which I'm calling a positive.

I finished up work and lounged inside while listening to Nine Inch Nails, Megadeth, Metallica, and anything else that could feed my relaxed rage (but no Rage Against the Machine ...). We had decided not to go the boys' school's football game, which between the heat and the fact the team lost 40-0, was a smart move. Lori made pizza, which was delicious, and I took the dog on a long walk. 

I think I need to lounge by a pool this weekend. I might not cool down, but at least I can cool off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice