Summer 2021: Days 81-87

The last week went fast and was ridiculously busy. Work was crazy for a number of reasons, so much so that around Wednesday I forgot how annoyed I was with things. A two-day deluge soaked Salt Lake City on Wednesday and Thursday, relegating me to work inside, which didn't brighten my outlook much (although we really needed the rain).

When I haven't been working, I've been watching movies, from the John Wick trilogy to "Bonfire of the Vanities" to a Bee Gees documentary to a doc on the making of "Galaxy Quest." I didn't walk the dog too far this past week, though the rain (which returned Saturday) was part of the reason for that. I also need to start running again and am debating if I should wait until my replacement Fitbit arrives (the screen on mine popped off but it was still under warranty).

The weekend went way too fast again but it didn't feel wasted, even though it wasn't too active. We bought Ben a bicycle at a yard sale that we'll need to get tuned up yesterday, and I also made a quick trip to Walmart and Macey's for some groceries. I grilled burgers last night before the rains came. Today, Lori and I went to Trader Joe's, then I worked a little to get a jumped on the week and finally got my office back into working order. And, I did manage to get Popcorn out for a longer walk.

This week will be busy again, but the weather should improve, with no rain and the smoke finally blowing out -- the rain didn't even help that. Let's see if I can make the most of the last couple weeks of summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice