Summer 2022: Day 2

This short week has felt so weird. Today didn't seem like Thursday or even my third day of the week. Tomorrow is Friday already and I don't feel like I've accomplished much at work.

The production probably isn't as bleak as I'm making it out to be. And I'm happy the weekend is almost here after the last one just ended. I woke up early today and went for a long run that felt great. I made breakfast and took my computer outside, where I worked for the next six hours or so. Again, not the best-quality or most efficient work, but a long swath nonetheless on a pleasant June day.

I took Ben to swim practice and went to Beans and Brews to sit outside and work while sipping on a large frozen lemonade. Unfortunately, Verizon's mobile hotspot totally stopped working and I couldn't get any internet (I stopped logging in to coffee shops' WiFi). Not sure if Verizon was glitchy or suddenly a throng of users nearby were overwhelming any nearby towers, but I suddenly found myself unable to work. I drove to a park a few blocks away and got better connectivity -- and better productivity.

After practice, we ate dinner (pork tacos) and I watched Game 1 of the NBA Finals (Celtics beat the Warriors). I also walked Popcorn, whose birthday was today. The old girl is 11. She's had a hitch in her gait lately, but she was still enthusiastic to go for a walk.

I'm looking forward to a productive work Friday in which I tackle a whole bunch of to-do items. I'm also looking forward to a sunny weekend -- and am glad it's already arrived.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice