Summer 2022: Days 10-18

Oops!

The past nine days have seen unusual heat interrupted by rain. I've worked, gone for runs and attended two swim meets for Ben. And just like that about 20 percent of summer is complete.

But the best is yet to come. My six-week paid sabbatical is coming up, and my brain is swirling with what I want to do with the time. Airfare and gas is so expensive that a bunch of travel is probably out. We are taking Ben to a swim meet in Grand Junction, then going to Colorado for my sister's wedding. There's another meet in California that we're starting to conclude that we aren't traveling, too -- it will cost so much, and Ben isn't swimming that great this summer (he always struggles with long-course season). I would love to find another adventure, but both boys want to work, and even a trip to Chicago won't work. Maybe we'll do something small. 

I mostly don't want to let the Joe-battical go to waste. Besides traveling, here's what I may do:

  • Relive an early-'80s summer, playing a lot of Atari and Strat-o-Matic bsaseball, riding my bike everywhere, sleeping late, and going to the pool (which I didn't do much 40 years ago)
  • Organize so much of the disorganized and overflowing parts of our stuff. To quote Lori, "Marie Kando the shit of out the house."
  • Convert boxes of photos and videos into digital format, upload to the cloud, and consolidate/organize.
  • Write, write, write!
  • Relax.

I have two weeks to figure it out. In the meantime, I need to not let nine more days pass by before writing again. Until tomorrow ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice