Summer 2022: Days 19-22

The bugs are out tonight. We don't get many mosquitos here in Utah, but we do get what look like giant mosquitos but are some kind of green flying thing. They don't bite, but they are attracted to the light of my laptop and generally get in the way.

This stretch of summer started with Father's Day. Ben and I picked up Breakfast Baconators and found a park to eat our breakfast at before he went to work (he's lifeguarding this summer). Michael and I golfed in the afternoon on the par-3 at Mick Riley. The wind was crazy, and Michael hadn't golfed in years. I finished with a 43 and he had a 54. Lori made fajitas for dinner.

The last three days of work have been uneventful. I'm just about caught up on everything before the company retreat and my subsequent paid leave. I wrote my usual summer solstice post last night, and today I grilled ribs for dinner. The heat returns tomorrow, and I plan to work as much as I can by the pool the next two days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice