Summer 2022: Days 8-9

We have good friends who are in Korea until the end of the month, and we are house-sitting and taking care of their dogs while they're gone. They also have an in-ground pool, and today, for four hours, I worked from their shady patio, jumping in the pool and subsequently lounging on a giant frog float a in between longer spurts of work.

This is one of the reasons I love working remotely during the summer. I'm not stuck inside an office as the season passes me by. I can get work done while still thoroughly enjoying summer.

The last two days have been warm, and the weekend will be even hotter. I didn't run this morning -- my day was full of meetings and I couldn't quite fit it in beforehand. Only one meeting was at the pool, which I concluded by jumping into the slightly chilled water on Zoom. I hope they didn't think I was rubbing my cool work locale in too much ...

Lori also worked by the pool for those four hours and I think was equally inspired. We picked up Cupbop for dinner, and Lori and Ben went back to spend the night and watch the dogs.

Yesterday was a busy day, too (and no pool), but summer days get like this. Ben is working and swimming, Michael is working almost full-time, and both Lori and I are swamped this month. 

That's OK. I'm jumping back into the pool tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice