The second year

Today was the first anniversary of my first day as a stay-at-home dad. I didn't do anything special to commemorate the occasion, other than shovel out from the quick winter storm we got. But it's been a good year. I haven't achieved all the things I had hoped for going into this, some out of my control, some I haven't had the discipline to complete or even start. Yet it's still been worthwhile -- I believe the boys are better off, Wife is better off and I am better off.

Now for the second year. If the first year was just a transition, I'm viewing the second year as the time to perfect what I've started. That means more writing, more organization, more ambition, more following through. That means being a better dad and husband, no matter how good I am it already. That means fighting through those times I want to be lazy and remembering the goals I've set. That means Year 2 must be an improvement upon Year 1.

Let Year 2 begin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Nine days after the solstice

Treants