I fought the lawn ...

I mowed the front lawn for the first time this year, and I must say, I feel encouraged.

Every year, I try to get a nice lush lawn out front, and every year I still get bare spots. Some years some new grass has grown, only to die over the summer in the heat (particularly when we go on vacation, not having a sprinkler system doesn't help). This year, I took extra care to spread more seed, add fertilzer, pack it down with peat moss and water religiously. And ... I'm growing more new grass than any other year.

I finally mowed today, and I'm not out of the woods yet. There are some weeds, and I'm worried there will be another clover assault like in past years. I'm not growing grass everywhere, so I'll need to throw more seed down. And I still don't know what I'll do during vacation to get the new grass through the summer.

But this is a good start. Just don't ask me about the back lawn and it's monster dandelions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice