Summer, Day 5

(I'm writing this the morning after Day 5 after working late last night and not being in the mood to get back on the computer.)

Michael declared on Friday that it was a "video game sort of day." That description was accurate. The day felt like a cloudy August day -- not really cool, not quite rainy, but just miserable enough to remind you that summer would be ending soon.

The only problem: Summer is just beginning. We've seemed to have some miserable Memorial Day weekends here in Utah the past several years, and Friday was a precursor to what appears to be another clunker.

I tried running Friday, but got about 15 minutes out when my iPod shuffle's battery conked out. I took that as a sign and ran home. After a not-so-productive afternoon, I went to work.

The boys didn't do much either. I think we needed a day that was chock full of activity. I hate to take those days in the summer, but if you are going to take one, best to do it on a cloudy, climatologically confused day.

The weather got worse on Day 6.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seems like yesterday, but it was long ago

Nobody did it better

50 for 50: 1985