Summer, Day 5

(I'm writing this the morning after Day 5 after working late last night and not being in the mood to get back on the computer.)

Michael declared on Friday that it was a "video game sort of day." That description was accurate. The day felt like a cloudy August day -- not really cool, not quite rainy, but just miserable enough to remind you that summer would be ending soon.

The only problem: Summer is just beginning. We've seemed to have some miserable Memorial Day weekends here in Utah the past several years, and Friday was a precursor to what appears to be another clunker.

I tried running Friday, but got about 15 minutes out when my iPod shuffle's battery conked out. I took that as a sign and ran home. After a not-so-productive afternoon, I went to work.

The boys didn't do much either. I think we needed a day that was chock full of activity. I hate to take those days in the summer, but if you are going to take one, best to do it on a cloudy, climatologically confused day.

The weather got worse on Day 6.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice