Summer, Day 3

The rain didn't arrive until tonight. But the chill blew through all day.

I took the kids to school this morning and then went for a much needed run (the Wasatch Back is coming up quick, and I don't feel like I'm in any semblance of shape for it). We went to lunch with Lori's parents at an all-you-can-eat sushi restaurant, and I was happy that I was full but not painfully full (which has happened at Simply Sushi before). The day just got busier from there. I eventually picked Michael up from school, took the boys to swim practice, picked up a pizza for them to eat after practice but before baseball, then took them to their baseball game. After getting out to a big start against the best team in the league, alas, the Twins lost 23-7, though Michael went 4-for-4 and Ben enjoyed playing catcher again.

After getting home, I let Popcorn play with the neighbor dog for a while, then retired for the night, watching "Modern Family" and the end of "St. Elmo's Fire" (which I have never seen all the way through). Before I came downstairs to blog, the rain began. I'm hoping it won't last too long.

On to Day 4 ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Nine days after the solstice

Treants