Summer 2020: Days 26-28

Another work week in the books, and this one went just as fast as the others.

Not that I don't mind another weekend, but I'm simply astonished how quickly the COVID weeks continue to fly by. I'm not sure if it means I'm not being as efficient during the workday and stretching work to after dinner (which I did almost every day this week), if I'm not getting an early enough start, if I'm not varying my day with enough productive, engaging breaks, or if I'm just in a rut.

Michael has a basketball tournament next week, then we have July 4 on the horizon -- maybe that will provide the variety that will slow things down.

I didn't sleep well last night, which prevented a run this morning -- and I missed it, which is a good sign that the routine is feeling good. I grilled bratwurst tonight and got the dog on a long walk. I've been following too much news the last few days as coronavirus cases are ticking upward. We officially canceled the trip to Texas, and I'm even leery of watching Michael play basketball the next few weeks.

Yet, summer continues, and today was absolutely gorgeous -- blue skies, and not too hot. Ben is swimming just about every day, and the lawn looks the best it's been in years. I'll stop whining now and simply enjoy the next 70-something days that are ahead of me.

Oh, on Wednesday, the boys and I went to a used videogame store, where I bought four old Atari games: Astroblast, Pac-Man, Empire Strikes Back and Q-Bert. The last two I already had, but the Parker Brothers cartridges had no labels on it and the store gave me them each for 99 cents. The luck of the draw was fun, even if it didn't yield anything.

But the best part of the excursion was just getting out and driving around. Again, I just need to add variety into each day. Maybe a little drive here and there to someplace new will be enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice