Summer 2020: Days 33-37

We're getting another really-hot-to-really-chilly swings as I type this. Yesterday, the high temperature was in the mid to high 90s. Tonight, the current temp is 54. We didn't get the expected thunderstorms yet, but the cooldown feels good, although I hope it's temporary.

Ben had two friends over for some socially distant Dungeons and Dragons today, and yesterday we spent a couple hours clearing out the patio so they could play there instead of in the yard. We did such a good job that I would consider working or hanging out there if I wanted get out of the house but needed a table and some sort of ceiling above me.

The weekend went too fast again, but it's been relaxing. I went to Smith's and Costco on Saturday and feel restocked. I lounged in the heat after cleaning out the patio, then grilled a flank steak for dinner.

The weekdays in this long stretch were ordinary. Lori saw Michael play basketball at a tournament in Utah County -- I'm going to watch him play later this week.

Ben and I wrapped up the weekend with a game of cribbage (I won). I'm sleepy and ready for another week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice