Summer 2020: Days 19-23

Five quick days and an even quicker weekend were stark reminders that summer is rarely slow. Plus, I haven't had too much desire to write in the evening, which I've encountered before.

If anything, the last five days have been uneventful. Work was nondescript. I went to Walmart and Smith's Friday to complement Lori's trip to Costco -- we're set for food for a while. I was looking forward to baking in the heat Saturday, but alas, the expected 90-degree temps never materialized, giving way to clouds and wind.

We had spent some time planning a trip to Texas next month, but Michael's job might throw a wrench into our plans -- he can't leave the state without having to quarantine three weeks before returning to work after he gets back. That pretty much would kill the rest of his summer of work, and he's really focused in making some good cash. We'll see how strict his job is sticking to this policy, but for now, the road trip looks shaky.

If we don't go, we'll likely look for staycation-type things to do that week. I need a week off badly, and I'll be carrying too much vacation into fall if I don't take some time off now. I have queued up so much summer music, just waiting to be played in a summer setting.

I did manage a couple hours on non-work writing for my other blog for my other blog (which I didn't update quite yet). We grilled steaks for a yummy steak salad for dinner, and the boys and I built a campfire tonight, which I'm typing in front of right now.

Here's my goal for the upcoming week: Blog every day, and do something uniquely summery every day. Maybe that will slow things down.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice