Summer 2016: Days 78-82

Here comes August. We are in the home stretch on summer, and the boys start school in three weeks.

The past few days have been moderately eventful. We bought a new washing machine on Friday, then watched Michael's team win the consolation bracket of the 3-on-3 tournament he played in. Lori's birthday was Saturday, and we did housework and I grilled while she got to relax. I took the boys to the pool all day Sunday and got a little sunburned. We watched "Sharknado 4" last night. Today was busy with work and swim practices, but I did manage an hour-long walk with the dog. And it even rained a little bit Saturday, but it's still pretty hot.

I've liked this summer so far. It hasn't been the overall reset I was hoping for, but that will come once the boys start school. I managed to clean out my top shelves on my side of the closet and clear out the bathroom drawers and cabinet Saturday -- projects that feel like progress, which I hope to continue once the reset hits full swing. For now, I'm content to enjoy these last few weeks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seems like yesterday, but it was long ago

Nobody did it better

50 for 50: 1985