Summer 2016: Day 40

Today was another scorcher -- so hot that my any electronics that I had on the patio table in back while working started to overheat. Besides swim practice in the morning and basketball camps in the afternoon, the boys had a swim meet at Alta Canyon. Michael swam great; Ben was a bit tired and not in his usual form. We rushed Michael over to basketball practice, which was intense, but I saw something I love to see as a sports parent: He asked his coach for some advice, and after it was given, his coach high-fived him and gave him the little hip slap. Michael has been working so hard, and his coach knows it.

I got Popcorn around the block when we got home. The poor dog -- it's been really hot for her all week. Hot for me, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice