Summer 2016: Day 31

The sun was out for most of the day, but it wasn't so hot. Fortunately, it was warm enough to enjoy a couple hours by the pool this afternoon. Michael had a one-on-one session with a basketball coach, Lori and Ben swam some laps, and I did Body Pump (and I'm already sore from it; tomorrow is going to be brutal). We finished all that and enjoyed the pool afterward. I tried a cannonball from the side and had water shoot into my brain (I also need to get goggles). Lori brought out her inner 10-year-old by jumping off the diving board, and the boys had enough energy to swim for a long time.

The rest of the day was uneventful. I grilled for dinner -- fajita steaks -- but was delayed a bit when it started hailing in what proved to be the only cloudy part of the day. The boys and I took Popcorn for a walk to Shop 'n' Go, where I got an ice cream bar and the boys got Icees. Ben loved the walk, right at sunset, and said we need to do it more often.

I agree.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice