Summer 2016: Day 24

Lori resubscribed us to The New York Times last winter, and at first, it was wonderful. Then our Sundays started getting busier and busier, to the point I barely acknowledged that the paper was coming to our house. Sure, I might read a sports story or do the Kenken puzzle, but I never felt I was getting the most from the subscription.

This morning, that changed -- I took my newspaper to our patio table in the backyard and read for a while. This is what Sunday mornings should be like, and blessedly, I finally got to enjoy one. This was a great start to the day.

The day wasn't too packed or eventful. We went to the pool in the late afternoon. Michael and I watched the Warriors dismantle the Cavaliers in Game 2 of the NBA Finals. Grass from the EZ Seed is starting to emerge. Nevertheless, it was a perfect summer Sunday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice