Summer 2013, Day 17

Baseball season has reached its conclusion. Ben's White Sox played their last game today, a 2-0 loss both coaches agreed to call early because it was so hot out and neither team was hitting anything off the pitching machine. Today was actually gorgeous, just a little warm (this is why rec baseball seasons in Utah don't stretch past mid-June). An hour of baseball was enough. Even though the White Sox struggled all season, the kids never felt down about it (OK, Ben was bugged that he didn't hit the ball better, but that's just Ben) and had a lot of fun, and the kids were in a good mood after the game.

Ben and Michael went to turn/dive clinics for swim team team this afternoon at the JCC, but they were in different sessions, so while one kid was practicing starts  in the indoor pool, the other was jumping off the diving board in the outdoor pool. I read a book for a while and spent a little time in the pool, achieving my yearly "Yes, I remember that I can jump off the deep end and swim to the side successfully" trip off the diving board. We grilled burgers for dinner, Ben and I made a quick trip to Walmart, and I beat him in Ticket to Ride and played Michael in a game of the classic Twixt, which I found at a second-hand store a few weeks ago. The evening concluded with a 3-mile walk for the dog and me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice