Summer 2013, days 28-29

I could go into another rant about how the last two days were as disjointed as the first two days of this week, but typing that is getting old even with me, so I won't. This week was ragged, but as I write this on Friday morning, I'm looking forward to another great weekend. So why dwell on a week that was busy? It's over, so I'm going to write about the highlights with an eye to the remaining 70-something days of summer.

Michael was hitting better at baseball practice last night -- he's finally pulling the ball again. He also finished up basketball camp with a flourish and is so looking forward to next season (I want to find him some more opportunities to play/practice before November). Ben has been a little bored because his best friend has been sick but has enjoyed swim practice the last two days and played some Lego Indiana Jones 2 on the Wii. I got a haircut Thursday, did laundry, did some organizing in the house and garage, and ran the pitching machine at Michael's baseball practice.

Yep, those are the highlights. At least it's been sunny and a little cooler than than the 90s earlier in the week. We are going to do something outside and fun today if it kills us! OK, not really, but this will be our first free and clear afternoon all week. It won't be wasted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer, Day 8

Vacation finale

Nine days after the solstice