Summer 2013, Day 35

Today was my first sunburn of the year.

It's not bad -- just a little red on my back and neck where I missed with sunblock. The goal is not to burn at all, but inevitably, once a summer, you do.

The sunburn occurred at the pool today. We were only there for a couple hours, but it was enough (Michael is a little red, too). We brought one of Ben's friends, who had fun jumping off the diving board. Michael found one of his swim teammates to hang out with. I spent most of my time in an middle spot on the pool watching the various kids, with the water level right at my shoulders -- hence, the sunburn.

Michael's all-star team had an exhibition game tonight and struggled a little. The players got their uniforms right before the game and didn't have a lot of time to get focused, and the exhibition opponent was a comp team that thought nothing of using normally illegal bats. And it was hot tonight, which I think sapped our team's energy a little. Still, I think the kids had fun, even if the grownups were a little frustrated.

I was too tired to take the dog for a walk, so I threw a tennis ball to her through the sprinklers of a nearby field. The heat is just beginning -- we're looking at triple digits the next couple days. I'll be better with the sunscreen tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seems like yesterday, but it was long ago

Nobody did it better

We loved this game!